1. Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Kalispell, Montana. We moved several times when I was a child, but settled in the Olympia area of Washington state when I was 8.
2. How long have you worked at ATKG?
13 glorious months
3. When you were young, what was your dream job?
I wanted to be a children’s author. I loved writing stories. I also wanted to work in a professional office of some sort; I loved playing “office” with my friends and the idea of wearing business attire (that quickly dissipated with my first job that had a business professional dress code).
4. Do you have any hobbies?
When I have time, I enjoy reading and shopping.
5. What is your favorite quote?
“Whatever you are, be a good one” by Abe Lincoln, supposedly.
6. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
To not fall asleep during movies!! That seems like a superpower that other people possess, but not me!
7. What is your dream vacation?
I’d love to see Europe, specifically Germany at Christmas, Italy and England.
8. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas, hands down! I love celebrating the birth of Jesus with my family.
9. Do you have any pets?
3 dogs – Paisley, who is 6, and brothers Kelby and Dobby, who are almost 1.
10. What is your favorite food?
I LOVE chips & salsa/guacamole/queso.
11. Tell us your favorite joke!
What do you call 2 guys hanging out on a window? Curt and Rod! (Come on, my 11 year old son told me that.)
12. What is your favorite thing about San Antonio?
The sun is out pretty much daily! I love that people are friendly here, and the food is delicious.
13. Do you have any pet peeves?
Inconsiderate drivers and a dirty kitchen.
14. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what’s the first thing you would do?
I would donate a good chunk of it to our church, and help my family members out.
15. If you could learn one new skill, what would you like to learn?
I would love to be more creative, especially when it comes to home decorating. I don’t have the eye or the patience for it now.
16. Who is your biggest inspiration?
I don’t have a specific person who has inspired me. I’m inspired by a variety of characteristics, such as selflessness, being able to have good boundaries in place, and wise decision making skills.
17. If you were able to cast any actress to play you in your biography, who would it be?
Drew Barrymore. She has always been one of my favorites.
18. What is your favorite childhood memory?
On Christmas Eve, I would sneak in to my big sister’s bedroom and lay on her floor. Sometimes she didn’t realize it and would continue sleeping, and sometimes we wouldn’t go back to sleep in anticipation for the morning.
19. Beer, margarita, or wine?
20. What is your favorite thing about working at ATKG?
The environment here is unlike any other public accounting firm out there. We work hard and play hard! (And I get to wear jeans!!)
Sam Ralls, Bookkeeper